- local organisation
- Working groups
- media & contact
Wijkbus Stap-In / Step-in Community Bus
Wijkbus Stap-In/Community Bus Step-in has been providing transport for the elderly and less able (young and old) in the Archipel&Willemspark, Zeehelden and (part of) Duinoord districts for more than 20 years.
Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.00
At least one day in advance ring the reservation centre located in the Klokhuis Community Centre between 09.00 – 10.00: 070 352 04 16.
When you require the services of the bus on a Monday then the last opportunity to book is on Friday morning (09.00 – 10.00).
The reservation centre will need to know the following:
- Name and address of pick-up point
- Time of collection
- Type of destination: doctor, hospital, shops, etc.
- Destination address
- Time return journey
- Whether someone will be accompanying you
Reservation forms are available at the Community Centre, Celebesstraat 4.
The Wijkbus Stap-In Foundation has a three-month subscription system providing unlimited use of the service during that period:
- €18 per person
- €25 per person + supervision
- €22.50 per couple
- €7 supervision only
50% discount with Ooievaarspas
Able-bodied partners may also make use of the service.
- When a number of reservations are made for the same time/period priority will be given to those who have medical appointments
- No smoking in the bus
- Be punctual; if the driver is kept waiting this will have a knock-on effect and cause inconvenience to other users of the service
- The use of seat belts is a legal requirement; the driver will help you should this be necessary
Every effort is made to provide a punctual service!
Other important information:
- Wijkbus passengers are covered by accident insurance
- The Foundation cannot be held liable for the loss of personal belongings
- A large part of the service provided is subsidised by the municipal council
- The service is entirely manned by volunteers
- The Foundation is always in need of volunteers to help run the service: drive the bus, man the reservation centre or stand in the committee
- Apart from the council subsidy, all other costs have to be met by the Foundation
- Any extra financial support is gratefully accepted
- Please make donations payable to bank account: 342419 in the name of “penn: Wijkbus Stap-In”.
- Any complaints should be reported to the reservation centre 070 3520416.
If you would like more information ring 070 352 04 16 or 070 350 40 10.
Source: Wijkbus brochure (in Dutch)